Sunday, November 15, 2015

Winter in Osoyoos A 10 km Walk

It was 20ºC and calm on Friday13th in Osoyoos BC.

 
 
A group of 67 ladies went for a luncheon at the Osoyoos Golf Club on the west side of the town.


I sat with Helen, Terry, Darlene, Shirley, and Carol. Carol and Helen walked from NK'Mip RV Resort to the golf course, taking 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Some of the ladies were eating by 12:15 and by 1:15pm last meal was served.
After lunch all 67 of us lined up out side the restaurant to have a picture taken for the NK'Mip RV Resort Snow Bird book.

At 1:45 I phoned Randal to say I was walking back with Helen and Carol. Well, that was a long walk, down Golf Course Rd, Pebble Dr., along the Interpretative Trail, through a canal-bridge under highway #3, down to the Welcome Centre. We were near Red Apple Bargain Store where Helen and Carol had to buy licorice all-sorts.


We cut though a few other streets walking in a northerly direction connecting with 92rd Ave. I thought we would never go south towards home.
 

Finally by 3:00pm we arrived arrived at the Marina. I phoned Randal again not to worry that I should be back within the hour.
 

By the time we returned to the Resort we had covered 10 km.

 
Thank Helen and Carol for taking me on your adventure.


No comments: