Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sorting Pictures and Memories


It has taken me a week to go through my collection of picture albums, boxes of journals, diaries and committee records. At times it became over whelming and very emotional as I read and re-read this material. I did not realize how involved I have been with so many organizations.  

The pictures and memories were sorted out things into categories and placed in envelopes and stored in two plastic bins.

I reminisced at every piece of my public school days in a small Saskatchewan hamlet, to my high school days at a Catholic Convent in the Battlefords.

What stories I could tell of my nursing years at the Saskatchewan Psychiatric Hospital in North Battleford; on to England and Switzerland hospitals I worked in and all my travels through Europe with my two nursing colleagues. Uh, those were the days!!

On my return to Canada, after the18 months in Europe, I made the greatest shift in my life when I married and raised a family. I joined a new religion community and developed new friends.  I buried myself in organizational and fundraising work. For over 45 years I was to become an organizer and doer all who taught me to be a leader and have a real propose in my life in Regina.

With the two boxes filled to the over flowing I shall keep and cherish these memories.

No doubt, some day Randal scan the pictures into a file on the computer and I will re-sort the memory box into another filling system or perhaps write a book!!! 

Now it is time to make another big shift and to find myself in a RV Adventure.

I guess I am still looking for what I want to be when I grow up!


No comments:

Post a Comment