Saturday, June 8, 2013

Munroe Wing

I have almost completed the first draft of my autobiography. It was a good experience to write it and it truly was a healing process.  The biggest thing was the decision of how much to write and how detailed to be.

Here is a excerpt of my nursing days at Munroe Wing at RGH


LSD was made available to the staff for experiments. A few of the staff took part in the experiments that were held. I booked a session on one of me days off. A small dose was given under the supervision of a staff researcher. It was quite an experience. Before the session I was to write down a question that I wanted an answer to. While the LSD was working on me, I saw the details of the room and the picture that hung on the wall. It was as if the subjects in the picture came alive and danced before my eyes. As the researcher sat in his chair, the chair squeaked with his movements. The sound gave me a paranoid feeling as I thought he was laughing at me. The session lasted for a few hours. When I was 'out' of the acute effects of the drug, the researcher took me out for a meal. He told me it was essential for me to eat as it would lessen the after effects of the LSD. He ordered me a steak dinner and when it arrived I took a look at the meat and saw every molecule moving on the plate that looked like worms. It was very hard to eat it. I was not sure if the researcher learned anything from that experiment session, but I sure did. I learned that when you ask a question, the answer is already there. I also learned that this drug in not one I would take again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment