Sunday, July 24, 2016

Columbia Valley Trip


As I wrote this blog a Jewish Prayer came to mind:
Teach us to number our days that we may use each precious moment wisely. May no day pass without bringing us closer to some worthy achievement.”

I lived all my life in Saskatchewan and had never experienced Canadian travelling as I am now. I am amazed at the beauty of Canada and the Canadian people. 

Alberta summers brings sunshine, thunderstorms, green and yellow fields and hiking trials.



Over a four day trip into the Columbia Valley, British Columbia, Randal and I travelled through Southern Alberta and into British Columbia along the Crowsnest Pass then  onto #93/95 North through the Rockies to Columbia Valley.

This was the first time I had been there. This made me realise that I most make plans to see more wonderful places in Canada.


The three-day stay in Ivermere opened my eyes to the tranquillity and it's down-home feeling. No Big – Box stores! Here are small family stores, boutiques, art galleries, cafes and restaurants.


The area buzzes with summer-time activities. People smiling, snapping pictures, visiting while taking in the ambience.

While there we visited friends and share our common  interests, of photography, art and healthy living. 

Carol Gordon's Art website: www.carolgordon.ca
Jim McElroy's Photo website: http://jimcelroyphotoworks.weebly.com/  
Their Business: ASEA website www.kiassociates.teamasea.com




No comments:

Post a Comment