Saturday, July 2, 2016

June Hikes

I joined the Okotoks Country Lane Estate Hikers. In June  a group of 10 to 14 eager hikes with poles, a supply of water and food set out on Thursday morning to the destination of the day. I have not done much hill climbing so was a bit out of shape. The hike was at least 4 to 7 km and I made it to the end. I did huff and puff going up the inclines but I noticed that my recovery time was good. The next day my legs showed the effects so I relied on the Nikken magboys and CM Creams to bring the muscles back to normal. This past Thursday's challenge  was  Fullerton Loop in Kananskis Country in the foot hills of Alberta,


Elbow River 
During the 2012 flooding in Southern Alberta the Elbow River  cleared out the trails and day campgrounds. It changed it's course by taking out a large portion of the banks.


The trail was along the ridge of this hill.


The starting group. 

At the summit 
Finish Line 




1 comment: