Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Why Do We Save Recipes?

Saving recipes most be a Hoarding Addiction Syndrome! 

Over many years I clipped, copied and pasted small slips of paper that had recipes of all kinds on them. I filed them into recipe boxes, books and folders. I marked them into categories, according to ingredients and subjects.

I even rescued a large accumulation of recipes from an aunt when she passed away. That doubled my collection! I carried them from my old house to my new one and placed them carefully into a Big Plastic Box for safe keeping. To my knowledge my aunt never used these recipes, nor did I.

The other day I was looking for a Five Roses Guide to Good Sauce, Lake of the Woods Milling Company Limited recipe book. I had to dig through that Big Plastic Box.

After a struggle, the size of  “Jacob’s struggle with G-d”, I knew I had to let go of this collection. Finally I mastered this Hoarding Addiction Syndrome and released  these once revered recipes.

Oh, but wait! There were treasures in that Big Plastic Box!  Now THEY have been saved in a neat package and will be stored safely with my others treasures, which I will set aside for another time when I will have go through this struggle again, or should I let my children do away with them?

Discarded Recipes
Apple box full!

Gurney Kitchen Tested Recipe cards were saved!


Copyright 1938-1940-1945
General Motors Corporation Dayton, Ohio U.S.A.
(1568)























Here are some of them: Gurney Kitchen tested recipe by Home Service Department The Gurney Foundry Company Limited dated late 1800’s, Unusual Old World and American Recipes Booklet that cost 25 cents, Your Frigidaire Recipes, Marvelous Meals with Minute Tapioca and Care, Use & Recipes for your new Westinghouse Electric Refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment